Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Diwali


Nina and Sonia invited the ward missionaries, the
full time missionaries, and me over to celebrate
Diwali. Diwali is the Hindu Christmas. The homes
are decorated with lights, fireworks are lit off all
night long, and they make many "sweets". We were
served pumpkin curry, bean curry and puri (a very
small tortilla which you use to eat your curry), + the
sweets. We had a wonderful time. The company
was great!


I wore my "indian" top and Sonia
wore her jewelry.



All the women employees in the service center
dressed in the traditional indian outfits to
celebrate Diwali. When I got the the office, Eileen,
(in the middle in red) told me she had brought in
outfits for me and Sister Kasteler to wear. I am very
yellow, aren't I!




Sister Kasteler is from SLC. She and Elder
Kasteler do the auditing for the area. They
travel all over.....such a tough mission. (ha ha)





The assistants to the President had their pictures
taken with us. Elder Tavo is from Suva and Elder
Nay is from Richfield, Ut. They are wonderful,
awesome, FUN missionaries!

6 comments:

  1. Mom that green shirt you are wearing is super cute! Is that a Fijian find or American apparel? :) I love you and you look GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom you look so pretty, I think the yellow suits you well! I also love the green top. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got the "green" (it's actually turquoise) top at a store here in Suva....they had a ton of indian things to buy and I knew I would wear a top many time and the whole indian outfit only once...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look beautiful in yellow! What a great picture in front of the temple!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Alice, I think I just looked through your whole entire blog tonight. I didn't realize until today that you had one. I really enjoyed reading about your mission and seeing the pictures. I'm so glad you are keeping this record...thank you for sharing it with us. Your mission reminds me of mine in the Philippines. Love, Andrea Dewey Richards

    ReplyDelete