Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Trip to Taveuni


In April I got to take a short trip to another island
here in Fiji--Taveuni. They were dedicating a
chapel in Somosomo and President and Sister
Ostler asked me if I wanted to go. I jumped
at the chance.



The view outside the plane was beautiful!








This is the airport in Somosomo. It is about
the size of a covered picnic area in a park at
home.
I flew over by myself on Saturday morning.
When President Ostler asked if I wanted to
go, he failed to mention that I would be flying
over in a little tiny plane that looked like it was
held together with masking tape and a glue gun.
I sat in the front seat.....practically in the cot pit!

This picture makes the inside of the plane look much
much better than it is. I have to say...it was a
little creepy.
I think they maintain the outside of the planes
better than they do the insides.
Elder Farley, a ward missionary and Elder Sidal
and some very cute children after the dedication.
If you have a camera, you have many little
friends around.



Outside my hotel room.

In the daytime the trees at the hotel are full
of bats handing upside down. Unfortunately,
you can't see them in this picture.

In the evening the bats starts flying around and
around the trees. The little black dots in the sky
are bats.
I spent quite a while out on my patio watching
the bats. There were fifty or so of them flying.
I thought I had captured them in flight. I guess
you will just have to take my word for it.
My trip was just a quick one....Saturday morning
through Monday morning. I was so happy to get
the chance to see another beautiful island of Fiji.














1 comment: