Wednesday, April 14, 2010

The Diaper Project


To give me something to do in the evenings
that I am not visiting sisters in my ward, I bought
a sewing machine and started making diapers
from a pattern I found on the internet. Sister
Reeves suggested diapers because in so many
of the homes she visits, the babies do not wear
diapers. They either "go" on their mom's laps
or on the floor...or wherever. I have loved
doing this. I should have kept track of the number
I have made, but I didn't. I give the mothers
a "gift" of 12 diapers, wrapped in a receiving blanket.
As the babies grow, many of the mothers have asked
for larger sizes, which has led me to modifying the
pattern for several sizes. It has been a fun
project!


The diaper.



Some recipients.




Angel, napping in her diaper.





Angel and her mother after washing and hanging
the diapers out to dry.

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea! You really are making a difference in that mission, and you always look so happy in all your pictures. Have a great week. Love, Millicent

    ReplyDelete